2013 is coming to an end… and the funny thing is that, at the end of 2012, Ambra & I solemnly promised each other we would have spent less time traveling. These are our travel numbers for 2013 and, below, a gallery of pictures from the places we visited:
- COUNTRIES VISITED: 14 (Thailand, Macau, Hong Kong, United States, Indonesia, Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, France, Spain, United Kingdom, United Arabian Emirates, Malta, Slovenia)
- FLIGHTS TAKEN: 18 (8 of which international)
- NIGHTS IN THE AIR: 8
- BEST AIRLINE: Cathay Pacific
- WORST AIRLINE: Ryan Air
- CITIES VISITED: 45
- MOST BREATHTAKING SIGHTS SEEN: 1) Sunrise in the Jungle, North of Thailand; 2) Rice Terraces in Bali; 3) Sunset on the Pacific Ocean from the cliffs at Shelter Cove, California; 4) The London Eye from the bridge on the Thames; 5) Sisitin Chapel, Vatican Museums, Rome.
- COUNTRY WHERE WE SPENT MOST OF OUR TIME: Macau (121 days)
- LONGEST WE STAYED IN THE SAME PLACE: 38 days
- NIGHTS SPENT IN HOTELS: 67
- NIGHTS SPENT IN APARTMENTS: 81
- TIMES WE GOT FOOD POISONING: 5
Some other relevant facts of our 2013:
- COOLEST THING: Getting Married
- GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS: 1) Playing the biggest games in the world; 2) Getting sponsored by Pokerstars.it
- BEST PURCHASE: 1) Debussy Spa Treatment at ‘Semara Resort’, Seminyak, Bali; 2) Macbook Pro Retina Display; 3) Vitamix Blender; 4) Vibram Five Fingers (see my post about them here); 5) Air Miles for flying business
- BEST DECISION: 1) Missing our flight to Australia and the WSOP APAC to take a month off in the French Riviera; 2) Stop eating gluten and dairies
- LIFE CHANGING MOMENT: Watching this documentary
- MOST TILTING MOMENT: When they stole my suitcase and computer on the street in Barcelona
- BEST MEALS: 1) The ones we cook at home; 2) Dairy & Sugar-free gelato at ‘Gelarmony’, Rome; 3) Raw food at ‘Radiance Organic Restaurant’, Chiang Mai, Thailand; 4) Vegan food at ‘Mother’s Market, OC, California; 5) Vegan food at ‘Vegan Bar’, Aosta, Italy; 6) Fruit & Nut Bread in Aix-en-Provence, France; 6) Roasted rabbit with Champagne, Valletta, Malta.
Also, I have this weird habit of keeping track of little facts about my life. It’s mostly for pleasure and curiosity, although there is some practicality to it. When I’m trying to reduce a bad habit (say for example drinking coffee) or increase a good habit (exercise), I find that merely keeping track of the activity increases my desired result.
Here are some minor facts I kept track of:
- Glasses of Wine: 97
- Glasses of Hard Alcohol: 30
- Cigarettes/Cigars: 10
- Coffees: 102 (none since September 1st)
- Workouts: 168
- Miles Ran: 79
- Movies Watched: 23 (12 of which were on planes)
- Hours spent watching TV: 52 = all 4 seasons of ‘Mad Men’
- Books Read: 10
Definitely, a good goal for 2014 is to lower my alcohol and coffee intake and have NO cigarettes at all.
… And you? What are your most relevant facts for 2013? Any tilting/life changing moments that’s worth sharing? Tell us about them in a comment!
Photography by Alec & Ambra Torelli